Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up WordPress on GoDaddy Hosting
Prior to starting, you should already be set up with a domain name and hosting through GoDaddy. If you aren’t, you can get everything set up through godaddy.com.
- First thing, go to GoDaddy and log in.
- After you log in, click on your name or account number toward the top right of the screen. On the drop down menu, click on Visit My Account.
- Click on the Manage button in the Web Hosting section.
- Click on the Manage button for the site you’d like to set up with WordPress. This will take you to your Hosting Details page.
- The first thing you should do when setting this up is to make sure your domain name is in the Hosted Domains section. You can check this by clicking on Hosted Domains. If the domain name in question isn’t there, click on Add Domain at the top right and enter the domain information, create a folder name that’s easy to remember and similar to your domain name, and click OK.
- Go back to Home at the top left then click Applications. Click the green Install button next to WordPress. It will pull up a list of your domain names. Select the domain you’d like to set up, type in the admin name, password, email, and blog title (the name of your site) you’d like to use. Click OK. You’ll see a pop-up that notes that WordPress is installing, which may take several minutes.
- After installation is complete, log in to your backend WordPress website by going to yourwebsite.com/wp-admin. Enter the username and password you previously set up and click Log In. Here, you can set up all the details (themes, appearance, menus, etc.) of your new site.
Congratulations – you’ve just set up WordPress on your GoDaddy hosting account!